- Prohibition- 1920-33
- Women wanted to end alcohol
- Volstead Act- made it illegal to sell alcohol in the United States for a 13 year period
- Women were referred to as temperance movements
- Rum running between Canada and USA with fast cars so they could out run other cars if they got stopped while smuggling alcohol across borders.
- In Place from 1933 in the USA (ends in the early 1920’s in Canada)
- Creates mobs and gangs (Al Capone)- huge effect on society. Organized crime
- NAS CAR created
Summary: Prohibition in the 1920's was a major reform movement that involved the banning of producing and distributing alcohol. Many people, especially men, disliked this.