- Vladimir Lenin returns from exile in April
- Agreed with the Treaty of Brest-Litovsk
- Nationalized all banks
- Germans helped assist him by giving him a train and passage through Finland
- States April Theses denouncing the war
- Formed a counter-revoltionary committee
"The goal of socialism is communism"
Summary: major leader during the late 1910’s – early 1920’s, and initialized many endeavors such as leading the Bolsheviks, creating war communism, setting up the Comintern, and bringing in the NEP, some of which were negative and some positive.