- Isolationism- idea of staying out of world affairs
- (Didn’t really do that)
- USA helps out with Dawes plan, 1924
- Kellogg- Briand Pact 1928
- Remains out of the world affairs, and the League of Nations
- League of nations were the only thing they stayed out of.
- Republican attitude- “superior race”
- The republican presidents were: Warren Harding 1921-23 Calvin Coolidge 1923-1929 Herbert Hoover 1929-1933 (Weren’t memorable)
- Republican Era
- “Return to Normalcy”
- U.S unique with no interests threatened
- Devil theory of world
Summary: US were attempting to continue the idea of isolationism (staying out of international affairs). However this failed as they became involved with the Dawes Plan later in 1924.